This is Fenne. It was a pet giraffe for McRae family from South Africa.
Fenne lived at their house almost since its birth, when one of McRae sons found the abandoned and dehydrated animal during the safari and took it home. Check out 9 more images after the jump.
The giraffe was treated as a member of the family and roamed freely through the rooms of the McRae’s house, which made them take extra care sometimes, for the animal was pretty clumsy.
Unfortunately, the happy life lasted only for two years, until Fenne ate incautiously a poisonous plant leaf when grazing in the wild and died. The McRaes miss their pet and hope that someday they will find “another precious gift like Fenne.”